Publishing a news article is a great way to raise awareness and establish credibility for you and your organization. However, traditional news sites decline most stories from local sources because they feel they are either not impactful enough, or are too self-promotional. LA Community News believes these stories deserve to be shared with their communities.
LA Community News is dedicated to publishing and promoting new stories from local businesses, non-profits, community organizations, and public figures. Every article is permanently published on our site, and actively promoted via social media and email. This ensures more people see your article and learn about your announcement.
Why publish in LA Community News
LA Community News is different from traditional news outlets in several ways:
- We want stories from local businesses and organizations. Most news sites decline such stories because they feel they are too promotional. We believe these stories are valuable, and deserve to be shared with the community.
- Our articles are built to increase your search engine rankings (SEO). Many media sites prevent search engines from seeing the link between your site and theirs. We allow and encourage links to your site in our articles. This gives your site increased credibility and relevance on the web.
- We actively promote our articles. Most local news sites don’t promote their stories, instead relying on readers to come to them. We use Facebook and other online platforms to get your story in front of your community, whether it be on their computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
To be published on our site, articles must adhere to the following editorial guidelines.
- They must be related to a specific event. This event may be a community event, special sale, business anniversary, fundraiser, etc.
- Articles may NOT be defamatory in nature. Positive coverage of you is great. Negative coverage of others? Not so much.
- Stories must be written in the style of a a news article or press release. Blog-style or incomplete articles will be sent back for revision.
Articles in LA Community News cost $65 to publish, which is payable by credit card or PayPal. We have discounts available for publishing in multiple neighborhoods (which has the added benefit of doubling or tripling your social media reach), and for series of articles about an event (e.g., a “save the date”, “coming soon”, and “event was a success!” series). Please contact us to inquire about special packages.
How to publish your article
If you have a press release or article prepared, please click the Submit Article button at the end of this page to submit your article.If you would like assistance preparing an article please download our Article Information Form, fill it out, and then click the Submit Article button to submit your article.
You may also email your article, along with a cover photo at least 1200x627px large, to email@example.com
What happens next?
After you submit your article, a LA Community News editor will review your article, approve it for publication, and follow up to confirm article details and process payment. We reserve the right to make minor changes in order to adhere to our editorial guidelines, to correct punctuation or spelling errors, and to ensure consistent formatting across our articles. If we feel more significant revisions are necessary before the article is ready to publish, we will reach out to you at the email address you provide.
We look forward to receiving your article!
You may also email articles to: